Monday, February 20, 2012

Into the Dream

Last night I was laying in bed thinking about personal power, resolve, inner strength and all that jazz.  I wondered if there was a way to transfer strength from one part of your life into another, like moving funds from your savings into your checking...except without having to wait 3 business days for it to take effect.  I dozed lightly and remember having a minor dream, more of a slight glimpse really. 

In the dream a mermaid was being pulled out of the water by her hair.  Something about it made me think I was the person hauling the poor thing out of the breakers by her hair but yet another part of me also thought I was the mermaid being hauled in like a fish on a line.  My vantage point in the dream would have basically left me standing on top of the water facing the rock ledge.  I could see the mermaid's bare back.  I could see that her hair was long and brown.  I could see the water breaking and crashing against the rocks where she was being pulled up.  I could see more than 1 person....2 or 3 at least. 

I didn't know how to feel about the image.  Were they hurting her, catching her like a prize?  Was she injured and being assisted out of the rough surf the only way they could get hold of her?  Was she even alive at that point??  I could do nothing but watch. 

I woke and immediately knew I needed to remember this dream because there was something there in the images and symbols.  There was some answer to my question.  So I started researching mermaids, their myths and symbols.  They have been portrayed as everything from protectors to demons.  As half human, half sea creature they have also been used to symbolize duality of the higher consciousness living simultaneously with a primordial self.  They are also associated with intuition and emotions.  So what does any of this mean to me? http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art29791.asp

Well, I have been trying to listen more closely to my intuition and to allow my emotions to come to the surface.  Stuffing my emotions down and not listening to my intuition is what got me into this situation in the first place.  But why is she being pulled out of the sea by her hair? I have gone over and over this dream and these images in my head.  I am not sure what to make out of it.  I know the answer is simple and I will recognize it immediately when I see it or hear it.  I have noticed an increased level of synchronicity around  me, noticing the same images pop up over and over.  I am curious to see if I will continue to have 'mermaid sightings' around me the way I kept having owl images and references crop up before I found the book Writing Down the Soul (which happened to have a blue owl on the cover, which I did not notice until 2 days AFTER buying the book).  If I do have an answer to this dream I will be sure to update it here.  I am curious if anyone else can offer any insight into this dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment